28 June 2023
1. We, the Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw, firmly believe that the joint statement of the United States and India released on 22 June 2023, is the good commitments of the leaders of the two countries for not only the two countries but also the countries of the world including Myanmar and, will be able to implement many beneficial results for world peace, stability and sustainable development for our world.
2. Especially, we support and welcome the calls in paragraph (30) of the joint statement for the release all those unjustly arrested and the transition of Myanmar toward all-inclusive federal democracy.
3. However, careful consideration is needed to implement justice for the human rights violations, crimes against humanity, and war crimes committed by the military dictators at present and in the past in order to approach constructive dialogue, and it must not neglect the strong political passion of the people for this revolution to end military junta. Moreover, we must pay attention to the implementation of justice and the prevention of such situations not to emerge again in the future.
4. As the two leaders are concerned, military’s unlawful control of the country including the immediate release of all those illegally detained by the coup army must be ended in order to shortly cease the deteriorating situation in Myanmar. Therefore, moving forward your concerns to practical support is specially needed.
5. We are so delighted to see the commitment of the two leaders on the values of freedom, democracy, human rights, equal rights, and diversity. We are continuously asking the United States and India, powerful and democratic countries, to continue provide practical support for the people of Myanmar to enjoy again democracy, freedom, and human rights that have been lost by the unlawful military coup.
6. We deeply urge India as our neighboring country enjoyed a deepen historic relations including the efforts to escape from the colonial system, to stop economic, diplomatic and military cooperation with illegal military junta and to increase pressure on illegal military junta by single actions or by cooperation with the United States as showing the sympathy on the struggles of Myanmar’s people for freedom and democracy and escapement from awful military rule.
7. The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw deeply call again the United States and India to increase the effective support and cooperation to the National Unity Government and the democratic forces as it is really important to end the current military junta in order to bring peace, democracy, human rights and justice in Myanmar and to establish a new federal democratic state.
The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw