8 September 2023
1. The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw (CRPH), the representative body of the Members of Union Parliament (The Pyidaungsu Hluttaw) elected in the democratic 2020 election, acknowledges and welcomes ASEAN Leaders’ review and decision on the implementation of the Five-Point Consensus on Myanmar held on 5 September 2023 in Jakarta, Indonesia and ASEAN’s efforts for the crisis in Myanmar.
2. We acknowledged that ASEAN’s decisions are positive steps that can be taken further, even though they are still not enough to prevent and stop the terrorist military group, which has been committing numerous violences and killings against civilians, violating commitments that were agreed upon by the terrorist leader.
3. We urge ASEAN, as implementing the ASEAN Five-Point Consensus, to adopt the plans for effective and practical implementation with a measurable time frame and plan to take actions against the terrorist military’s absence for implementation in order to cease all sufferings of the people of Myanmar including lives-threats.
4. We especially welcome the decision for an informal consultation among current, previous, and incoming Chairs of ASEAN to gain effective results regarding the crisis in Myanmar.
5. We hope that the cooperation of the ASEAN Member States while the world’s states have increased cutting supply of aviation fuel and blocking financial flows and putting diplomatic pressure will effectively help to reduce the systematic and targeted terrorisms against civilians by the terrorist military led by Min Aung Hlaing.
6. The number of displaced persons is dramatically increasing across the country due to the daily increasing violence of the military junta. Therefore, we strongly urge ASEAN leaders to cooperate with the National Unity Government (NUG), the elected Members of Parliament and revolutionary forces for effective delivery of aid to the people of Myanmar who are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance.
7. The Committee of Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw is working together with the Ethnic revolutionary organizations, local and international organizations as having the same common goals to end the military dictatorship as soon as possible, to emerge a federal democratic union and as considering for regional peace. We reaffirm our desire for continuously cooperation with ASEAN Chairman, ASEAN chairman’s Special Envoy and ASEAN Member Countries and Organizations. We deeply urge ASEAN to engage closely and to maintain sustainable cooperation with the Union Parliament which represents the voice and will of the people of Myanmar, the National Unity Government (NUG) and Revolutionary Forces in order to be able to approach and solve the crisis in Myanmar correctly and effectively.
The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw