6 September 2023
1. The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw (CRPH) has observed that the ASEAN Air Force Chiefs Conference will be hosted by the illegal Coup Military Council in Naypyidaw, Myanmar from 12 to 15 September 2023 and Air Force Chiefs and Representatives from ASEAN Member States are planning to participate in the conference.
2. The terrorist military council led by Min Aung Hlaing who has committed high treasons against the civilian government elected by the people through free and fair election by overthrowing has been committing war crimes, brutal killings, crimes against humanity and several forms of terrorist and violence against the people of Myanmar including powerful air-strikes in order to keep controlling power unlawfully.
3. On behalf of the people of Myanmar, the elected parliamentarians who legitimately embraced the people mandates deeply urge the ASEAN Member States to cancel of participation in that Air Force Conference because participation of ASEAN Member States is likely to encourage the unlawful military council to continuously commit their killings and violence.
4. From the attempt to coup on 1 February 2021 to date, the terrorist military council has killed over 4,000 civilians and burnt down over 80,000 civilians’ houses. Over 2 million have been displaced due to day-by-day increasing terrorism and violence acts across the country and furthermore, over 18 million people need the humanitarian aids because of economic turmoil in the country.
5. In this regard, there is a pressing need for the people of Myanmar to end violence and killings committed by the terrorist military council including their unlawful military coup as soon as possible. The ASEAN Member States are urged again to end forever the political, economic and diplomatic cooperation with terrorist military council including military sectors.
6. In this critical period facing many challenges on regional peace and stability including Myanmar issues, Leaders of ASEAN Member States should be good friends as maintaining the ASEAN’ dignity and considering the interest of ASEAN’s people by respecting provisions of ASEAN’s Charter, International Laws and Human Rights standards.
7. We deeply remind that such engagement and cooperation with criminal military council which has committed inhumane violence acts against the people of Myanmar who are ASEAN’s citizens will certainly lead more violence and regional instability. We also hope that ASEAN Member States will consider wisely our requests and suggestions.
The Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw