Announcement No. (8/2021)
February 20, 2021
- The Committee strongly condemns the actions of the army and security forces opening fires to kill peaceful protesters against the terrorist Council in Mandalay on February 20th 2021.
- The acts of army and security forces using rubber bullets and live ammunition to kill peaceful protesters have been recorded in pictures and videos as proof. Furthermore, troops opened fire and used sniper fire against the defenseless citizens as if they were the enemies on the battleground. The ambulances and medical attendants also got shot in the process.
- The army and the security forces’ actions are considered crimes against humanity.
- The Committee commits to work with the United Nations, international governments, and international organizations to severely punish the terrorist Council that commands the army and security forces, and the offenders.
* Translated by web translation team