Announcement No. (3/2021)
February 11, 2021
- In accordance with the basic principle of the Union “The Sovereign power of the Union is derived from the citizens and is in force in the entire country”, the act of non-violent protest by citizens (including civil servants), the primary holders of Sovereign power, against the terrorist Council to protect the rights of citizens is considered lawful conduct under Military regime.
- The Committee had released a statement before to decline acknowledging the terrorist Council, which unlawfully seized powers of State by force in contravention of 2008 Constitution, as a legitimate government.
- As an illegitimate Administrative Council, the Council has no right to practice any of the three branches of sovereign power namely, legislative power, executive power, and judicial power.
- The illegitimate terrorist Council has no legitimate control over the law, order, instruction and thus the citizens are not required to obey any of such.
- The Civil Disobedience Movement by citizens against Junta is a national movement and not party politics and thus not a violation of Act 26, Section (1) of the 2008 Constitution.
- The Committee urges all civil servants to fully partake in the Civil Disobedience Movement and fully guarantees to enact legislation to retain the primary position of the civil servants who participate in CDM.
*Translated by web translation team.