Announcement No. 4 / 2021
14 February 2021
1. CRPH has previously declared the coup d’é tat unlawful by Illegitimate Military Council due to not having undertaken the section (11) of the constitution.
2. The Illegitimate Military Council has no authority to exercise power given under the section (419) and section (420) of the constitution.
3. The Illegitimate Military Council has no authority to establish laws, yet have announced the following on 13 February 2021.
(1) Amendments to the protection laws destined for the freedom and security of the individuals
(2) Fourth Amendments to the governing laws for villages and wards
4. These two aforementioned laws were passed previously to protect the freedom and security of the public by the second Pyidaungsu Hluttaw.
5. By announcing laws that contradict human rights and democracy, these acts are destroying the transitional path to democracy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
6. The amendments announced by the Illegitimate Military Council that aim to remove the protection of freedom and security of the public are an obvious indication that the Military Council aims to commit war crimes, human rights violations and citizens’ rights violations.
7. CRPH informs the public to not follow the law amendments announced by the Illegitimate MIlitary Council as they do not have the power to pass laws.
Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw
*Translated by web translation team